Ladies and Gents.
I think I've found The One.
I do not want to part from this blueberry muffin recipe.
They are so sweet and moist with a fresh zing from the lemon.
I had one for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ridiculous.
Of course these babies are delicious when they're fresh from the oven, but I did enjoy them more after they had cooled off a bit to room temp. The flavors came together, and all that jazz.
Recipe adapted from here
Makes 12 muffins
1/2 C. white sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup lemon flavored greek yogurt*
1-1.5 cups blueberries
Raw Turbinado sugar or other coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in applesauce. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream/yogurt. Gently fold in blueberries. Be careful not to overmix. Batter can be slightly lumpy. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. You can fill the cups all the way to the top for a nice bakery size muffin.
- Sprinkle each muffin with coarse sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
*I decided to use the lemon greek yogurt cause I had it, but you can use all sour cream (1 Cup) instead and I'm sure it will be just delicious.)