September 23, 2011

fig, pear and arugula grilled goat cheese flatbread pizza

Hey there.
I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I made possibly THE BEST PIZZA EVER the other night.


Remember this pizza?

Well, I just added some stuff to take it to the HNL. (hole.nutha.level.) Watch the video you should watch it.


This was so good that when I tasted it before bringing it in to present to hubby, I stood there by the sink and, like a true closet eater, finished the whole piece in pure bliss. 

Fig, Pear and Arugula Grilled Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza

1 Pear
About a half of a sweet onion, sliced
Brown sugar
Arugula

Prepare the pizza according to instructions. Here's what you'll do differently:
-Caramelize the onion: Heat a skillet to medium high, then add a pat of butter. Add sliced onions and a couple teaspoons of brown sugar, and a sprinkle of salt. Saute, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and brown. 
-Add the pear to the pizza when you add the figs. 
-When the bottom of the pizza has finished cooking (after you've added the figs, pears, bacon and goat cheese), turn off the grill. Add the arugula on top (as much as you want), then the caramelized onions. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so great- and Beautiful!
    I love the HNL --I literally loled.
    You are too awesome!

    ReplyDelete